Friday, July 8, 2011

First Full Day in Kyoto

WOW it seems i have no timed to write on my blog except upload pictures and videos :P

The trip so far has been AMAZING! The hotel we are staying at, Capsule Ryokan, is very traditional. Our rooms are quite tiny but surprisingly the big screen tv, the disco light shower and the butt heating toilet seat made up for it.

Breakfast this morning was ok, I had noodles! I’m still kinda adjusting to just eating Japanese food :P Then afterwards we met up with our tour guide Tonfi. He was so cool! Our first stop was to Temple Kennin-ji. Which is the oldest Len Temple in Kyoto and had the most peaceful and beautiful garden and sights. Afterwards we did a little shopping here and I bought a few gifts. Then we stopped by to check out these Japanese photobooths. They pretty much enhance your eyes and then you get to decorate your pictures! It was pretty neat. One of the hardest parts though of the day for me was when dinner finally came around. I had to try and eat all this new food, some that I really really REALLY didn’t like so much. But I somehow made it through and had a really great dinner with my friends and our tour guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment