Today we left earlier then usual cause we had to take a train to meet our tour guide, Emiko, in Nara. The train ride took 45 minutes and we passed through mostly country land, it was beautiful!
Our first stop was the Todai-ji Temple. Another national treasure temple, holding one of the biggest bronze Buddha built in Nara period (710-794 AD). The wooden temple was built over 1,000 years ago, it was remarkable and very historic. There were deer everywhere!!!! It was soo cool, all around there were deer just hanging out minding their own business. We got to pet them and take pictures with them and we could even feed them. It was pretty cool, I’ve never been so close to a deer before.
Afterwards we left the temple and headed out to lunch, which was great! I’m finally adjusting to the food down here, still not completely adjusted BUT almost there! The food was great and I sat with Amanda, Katie and Darby. Darby and I played with our food most of the time :P Today I actually got really close with Darby and became good friends with her, she’s so awesome and fun to be around! So far I’ve made friends with everyone in this group on the trip! Mission accomplished! :D
Once we had a nice lunch we headed on out and did of course, more shopping. I got ice cream. It was yummy in my tummy. Even in Japan I have my random cravings
^-^ Finally after a good hour of shopping it was time to hop back on the train and head on back to Kyoto.
When we got back we had 2 hours to just do whatever we want. I decided to head back to the hotel and just chill out and update my blog :P But after I returned back to my room, a few minutes later Darby came knocking on my door and we had a nice little heart to heart life stories chat J it was very very nice!
Dinner time!!!! So tonight we all went out without mama Robin, Dr. D, and Papa bear. They gave us all money and we headed on out on our own for the night! And by for the night I mean 3 hours :P Sooo we all went down to Kyoto station and ate at an Italian restaurant! (I know of course we Americans go to an Italian restaurant while we are in Japan) It was a very delightful dinner! Then we all went over to grab ice cream! Then we had an hour to spare sooooooo we all walked a BIG square around Kyoto for that time :P We watched this weird (non interesting) water light show and then pretty much kept walking and then started randomly talking to people on the street…………. Man this was a weird YET OOOOBER FUN night. Good way to end our final night in the beautiful Kyoto.
So tomorrow morning its up and at it and bye bye Kyoto and helloooo Sapporo!
No comments:
Post a Comment