Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July 11

July 11

Last night was the most well rested night iv had in this past week. I have my own room while I will be staying with Yuir and it was very homey, even breakfast was good for me!

Now we head off to school!

We all met up in the computer lab, which is where I used the Internet for a few minutes, then it was time to introduced ourselves and say hello to Asahigaoka high school. I did my introduction in Japanese :) I was very proud of myself. Afterwards I went to enlist class with Sae and Yuri and I presented my presentation, which went very very well. Accept one question they asked me was what type of bra do I wear....... Hm awkward and I didn't even know xD as the day went on I had Japanese class, English class, lunch (which was by the way great that Yuri's mom packed) Japanese history, music, then Japanese again. That was my school day schedule :P

After the school day ended we got a special tour of the school by the ISS club. It was soo cool how even though school was over, everyone was still there to participate in a sport or a club. The school was still so alive and active, I wish our school was more like theirs. Every student we met and passed by was so nice, they would all wave and giggle and have this HUGE grin on their faces. It was so nice to feel so welcomed in a place so different from where I come from :)

Now it was the welcome party time! Good snacks, we got introduced again, and we had more free time with the students and our host famies. I did though towards the end feel really sick, then at the same time I felt home sick. I don't know why but I guess just everything caught up to me again and I just coulnt help but feel sad and homesick. But all my friends and the teachers help me feel better and comforted me but everyone could tell I was so ready to go home and sleep. But once I got home and showered I felt a little better, and I have no idea how this happened right before my eyes, I can't even explain my feelings at this moment over a writing, but that night I didn't end up going to bed early with no dinner, instead that night things really clicked and I connected with my first host family. Words can not describe the little miracles that happend that night, even though it is do difficult for us to comunicate, them not knowing English too well and my lack of Japanese speaking, we still became a family that night. I know sounds a little cheesy :p but we did, and I had never felt so loved and homey on this trip before this whole time. We ate a good dinner and just talked and talked the whole time! Exchanging stories and telling stuff about ourselves. We showed each other pictures and we even played wii! We all laughed and laughed that whole night and we all wish it never had to end. I really became part of a family that didn't speak my language, I didnt know their religion or traditions too well, and they lived a totally different life style then I'm use to, but we all still became a family, and that truley made me feel better and realize what this trip for me is about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment